Yesterday Oracle announced their value proposition for PeopleTools 8.53. Within this proposition there are several items which will be shipped with PeopleTools 8.53. When this is released you can undoubtably find them here, reviewed and explained.
Key PeopleTools 8.53 features include:
- PeopleSoft Styles and User Interaction Model
New styles for a contemporary appearance.
- More flexibility in WorkCenters and Dashboards.
- Improvements to the Related Content Framework, Related Actions, and Activity Guides.
- PeopleSoft Data Migration Workbench
- PeopleSoft Update Manager (NEW)
The customer does not have to be current on maintenance.
The customer can select a single fix and find out if requisite fixes are available that must be applied with it.
Dependencies are calculated by area of system affected rather than time, so fewer dependencies are required.
- PeopleSoft Secure by Default Initiative
Safeguards for ensuring that passwords for default user accounts are set during installation.
Additional mitigation for brute force and denial-of-service attempts.
Additional security for file attachments and the Report Repository.
Below the new enhancements that Oracle intends to include in the PeopleTools 8.53 release. These enhancements fall into the following areas:
- User Interface
- PeopleSoft Search Framework
- Lifecycle Management
- Server Administration and Infrastructure
- Security Administration
- Integration Technology
- Reporting and Analysis Tools
- Development Tools
Enough to be exited about, let´s hope Oracle will deliver what they expect to do.
Viewed 6196 times by 1107 visitors