A few more days to go to Oracle Open World and excitment levels are rising.
With Oracle’sÂ acquisitionsÂ over the years, theÂ portfolioÂ of Oracle’s products andÂ technologies has become so much, that one might wonder how this will be reflected on Oracle Open World in just a couple of days. One answer is the 1900+ sessions in 5 days! But what about PeopleSoft? What can we expect on PeopleSoft on Oracle Open World?
Paco Aubrejuan,Â Oracle Senior Vice President for PeopleSoft, has published a letter to the PeopleSoft customers on the focus of PeopleSoft on Oracle Open World.Â Paco Aubrejuan mentions the following subjects:
- Rich new features and functions included in the upcoming PeopleSoft Release 9.2
- Extending PeopleSoft with new mobile solutions
- New solutions that revolutionize how customers maintain their PeopleSoft applications,Â streamlining PeopleSoft lifecycle management and reducing total cost of ownership
- Continued investment in PeopleSoft beyond the delivery of PeopleSoft Release 9.2
From the list of subjects, I think the majority of the PeopleSoftÂ community has been waiting and awaiting mobile solutions for PeopleSoft. With PeopleTools Mobile being depreciatedÂ as of June 5, 2009, it is great that Oracle is willing to meet the requests of the community for mobile solutions.
But which solutions will Oracle provide and with which technology?
- JQuery Mobile, Rest services …
- Oracle ADF Mobile with Soap Services (native presented at OOW2011 and still in beta …)
- New technology …?
Stay tuned and I will try to provide answers to all these questions.